1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven’t been fishing is that something you’d like to try?
My husband loves to fish….me, not so much. I really don’t like to see the worms threaded on hooks and I don’t like to see the hook in the poor fishies mouth, so needless to say, I’m not a good fisherman. I have caught fish before and it is a bit exciting when you actually catch a fish. Evidently, not exciting enough for me to learn how to handle all the things you have to do to be a fisherman.
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait…which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
I felt like a fish out of water during the event I share on question #8.
2. What’s something you’re always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
I feel like I’m fairly organized enough where I’m not having to fish around for things. If I had to choose it would be my car key. We have a keyless car and you have to have the key with you to lock your car. I will drop it in my purse and then when my husband drives the car, I always forget to give it to him when he drops me off at the door of a store or restaurant. The car will start beeping and he has had to come in and find me to get the key. I’m getting better at remembering, though.
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
Finding Nemo and the new Finding Dory movie. Very cute! I actually teared up during Dory when she was looking for her family and couldn’t find them.
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Night. I’m a night owl. I seem to come alive the later it gets. I’ve tried to change my ways, but it isn’t working.
5. What’s the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a gray sweatshirt that I’ve been wearing to walk in when it gets cold and I was trying to remember how long I’ve had it just the other day. I’m thinking I got it 16 years ago. It still looks pretty good, too. It’s the perfect weight and feels really good. I’ve bought other sweatshirts to replace it but they never fit or feel as good as this one.
6. We’ve got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What’s been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
I am always ready for a getaway. The worst part of this winter was not seeing any snow and consistent cold weather. I really like winter and in West Texas we don’t see much snow at all.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day…will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what’s your favorite JB tune?
No, on the margarita. I don’t drink alcohol of any kind.
No, I must not be a Jimmy Buffet fan because I don’t even know what he sings. I’m thinking he sings a song about Margaritaville, right?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A few years ago, we went to Hawaii with another couple. One day we rented a boat and a driver to go snorkeling and deep sea fishing. When our boat and driver showed up, it was a bit different than I imagined. A little bit rougher. In my mind I pictured a beautiful yacht. It wasn’t. Our driver was very nice and we called him Captain Joe. When we got out in the middle of no where, he called me up to take over the driving. I told him I didn’t know how to drive a boat. He said it was easy and showed me what to do. So, I took off driving straight ahead while he helped everyone get set up to fish. I have to admit, I sort of enjoyed driving the boat out on the huge ocean.
Linking with From This Side of the Pond.