1. ‘Slow and steady wins the race’…tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
I would like to think that through life, we should be slow and steady. I don’t want to hurry through life. Time passes so quickly, I do my best to take each day in and make it the best. When we have a big trip or event coming up, I have to force myself to not spend most of my time looking forward to it and missing out on today.
2. ‘As slow as molasses’…Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What’s your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what’s your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I’m really not a fan of molasses, caramel or butterscotch. I know, strange. I will take some maple syrup over some light fluffy pancakes with a little bit of crunchiness on the edges. I don’t make pancakes at home unless it is a special occasion. When we travel and stay at a hotel with a nice restaurant, I love to order pancakes for a special treat.
3. Your favorite slow song?
Hmm…this is a tough one for me. I never remember names of songs. The song that comes to my mind right now is, You Were Always On My Mind by Elvis Presley. That song always brings tears to my eyes. This song was written in the thought of an estranged couple I’m sure, but when I hear it I always think of my dad. I’ve always wondered if I was ever on his mind. Did he wonder where I was, what I was doing, how I was making it in life? Those are questions I’ll never know the answer.
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
My favorite thing to make in a slow cooker is a roast. I love the way the house smells when a roast is cooking.
5. ‘You may delay, but time will not.’ ~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
I am a procrastinator and constantly forcing myself to not be. I operate with lists. I love to mark things off of my to do list, so I do my best to get them done as soon as possible. I am an easy going person so it is easy to put things off, but, I know I can’t or I’ll get in a pickle of some kind.
This week my plan is to switch my closet over to spring. I will put away my winter things and replace with spring/summer. I also have a list of some drawers and cabinets I’m going through this month. I love the feeling of having things organized and getting rid of things I don’t need anymore.
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
- I don’t like to wait in long lines…..at all.
- When having to sit at a long traffic light.
- When at a meeting or conference and it doesn’t start on time.
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you’ll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you’d like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I am crafty! I have a craft/sewing room. My husband gave me a monogram machine a couple of years ago for Christmas and I still haven’t tried it. It is on my list to get everything out and give it a whirl.
Our five grandchildren were here for a few days and the girls love to go in the craft room and create. They left yesterday and I haven’t gone in to straighten up yet. I love the site of all their creations everywhere. The evidence of spilled glitter, markers, cut paper and fabric. When I was a little girl and if I got free reign in my grandmothers craft room, I would have had a blast. It may be a mess when they leave, but I love to see them go in and create.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I listened to our POTUS last night as he spoke to congress. I thought he did a good job. I’m really getting weary of all the negativity and disrespect that is going on in our country towards our leaders and country. I’m amazed at the adults who are acting like spoiled children because their candidate didn’t win. When elected officials sit and read their phones while the President is speaking and then put their thumbs down while he’s talking is really embarrassing. I hope their districts that elected them think twice about who represents them next time. It is time to grow up and get over it and move on! Show our young people how adults handle tough situations. Let’s get together and get some things done to make America the greatest and safest country ever.
This post is linked to From This Side of the Pond.