10 Steps To Get Rid Of 10 Pounds
In trying to lose weight, I decided to concentrate on 10 pounds at a time instead of the entire amount until I reach my goal.
I have read that the way to determine your weight is to add 100 pounds for your height of 5 feet, then add 5 pounds (for women) for each inch after that. So, for me, at 5’8”, a healthy goal weight is 140 pounds.
I’ve had a goal of 135, but I’m going for the 140.
It is important to have a goal, so that we know exactly what we want and how far we have to go. After that, we need to know exactly how to execute and accomplish our goal.
Here are 10 tips that may help in setting ourselves up for success!
- Weigh/Measure. *Seeing inches disappear is just as exciting as seeing weight disappear. Record in journal.
- Only weigh once per week. (Wednesday will be good if you are joining in on the 10 pound challenge) Don’t be a slave to the scale.
- Set up your plan for what you will do to reach your goal. Are you counting calories? Doing a program such as Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or something similar? Whatever it is, trusting it is healthy, stay focused and determined.
4. Go through pantry and refrigerator and get rid of all those things that are a hindrance to you. Go to the grocery store and stock up on everything you need to implement your plan.
- Have your journal in a convenient spot so you can record everything. For me, I have food journal, weight/inches chart, recipes to try, motivational helps, etc. I keep mine in a drawer in the kitchen.
- Read a health/motivational book each week. There are many motivational blogs, magazine articles and books that will help in gaining knowledge in developing a healthy lifestyle plus staying motivated. Reading success stories is a huge motivator.
- Decide on an exercise program. For me, walking is what I like to do. I will eventually add something more intense but for now it’s walking.
- Stay positive. Don’t talk down to ourselves. We are daughter’s of the King! We are loved and accepted just as we are. We are just trying to be healthy and fit in order to accomplish more for Him! (and our families)
- Don’t wait until you get to goal weight to take care of yourself. Put your best foot forward in the way you dress and present yourself.
10. Ask God for wisdom and help in this journey. Talk to Him about every detail each day.
Those are my 10 tips to help get rid of 10 pounds!
Do you have your journal set up? I have an actual 3 ring binder that I keep all my information in. I have downloaded a food journal page from Iheartplanners.com. You will find free printables that are available to download and print when you subscribe to the newsletter. I print a weeks worth every Tuesday night to prepare for the coming week.
Since I recently started this 10 pound at a time goal, I have lost 4 pounds.
Next week, I will post 10 ways that I am using to shed 10 pounds at a time. (Hint…I am counting calories, 1,200 calories/day is my goal)
In the mean time, find a picture of yourself at a time that you felt good with the size you were at, or cut out a picture from a magazine/catalog of your dream size. Glue it on a sheet of paper and put in your journal.
Until next Wednesday, stay strong and reach for that goal! Don’t forget, if you blow it, just get right back up, dust yourself off and get going again! We can do this!